Craigslist Results

Questions and answers about anything related to Helium Scraper
roxyndallas

Craigslist Results

Post by roxyndallas » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:29 am

Hello .. I downloaded the premade project for Craigslist and it pulls the info I needed but I need extract the phone number from the description cell. Any suggestions?

webmaster
Site Admin

Re: Craigslist Results

Post by webmaster » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:48 pm

Hi,

The Phones and Emails premade project helps you extract phones and emails from any text. You can download it from File -> Online Premades.
Juan Soldi
The Helium Scraper Team

roxyndallas

Post by roxyndallas » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:55 pm

Thank you for the reply .. do you instructions on how to use the premades? I selected Phones and Emails but not sure how to move forward.

webmaster
Site Admin

Post by webmaster » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:36 pm

Hi,

Here is a sample project. What I did was first import the Phones and Emails premade by going to File -> Online Premades, then selecting the Phones and Emails item on the left, and pressing the Import button. Then I created a kind called Descriptions that selects the description of any post in craigslist which will contain the phone number if any. Then, I created an Extract action that you can find in the actions panel, under the Test actions tree that all it does is extract the first phone number found in the description of the current craigslist post (you must be in a craigslist post for this to work).

If you double click this Extract action you'll notice it extracts the Description kind and the JS_Phone property. This is one of the properties contained in the Phones and Emails premade. You can read about each of these properties in the premade project's description that can be found at the File -> Online Premades menu item. If you would like to look at these gatherers source code, this can be found at the Project -> JavaScript Gatherers menu item.

All you would need to do now is configure your navigation process (there is also this premade Craigslist scraper that could help you with that) and add whatever other fields you would like to extract.

Let me know if you have any trouble with this.
Attachments
PhonesSample.hsp
(296.92 KiB) Downloaded 639 times
Juan Soldi
The Helium Scraper Team

roxyndallas

Post by roxyndallas » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:06 am

Thank you Juan .. I used the premade craigslist and wanted to add this (phonessample.hsp) to the process. How do I merge them? I really appreciate the support, if I can get this working, I will grab my credit card and buy the software now:)

Also, for some reason, everytime I run the craigslist premade the Posting ID and Date is missing.

Thank you again

webmaster
Site Admin

Post by webmaster » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:27 am

Hi,

You were right about the craigslist project. There has been a small change in the site that was preventing it from recognizing the post id and the date. I've already updated it so it should work fine if you download it now.

As for how to merge them, simply open the Craigslist.hsp file, then select File -> Import and import the PhonesSample.hsp project. Then simply add a row to the Extract action in the Actions tree 1 actions tree that looks the same as the only row the Extract action in the Test actions tree has.

Let me know if you are still having trouble with this.
Juan Soldi
The Helium Scraper Team