How to time it

Questions and answers about anything related to Helium Scraper
linksu2

How to time it

Post by linksu2 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:36 pm

I am scraping a site that is loads slow. So the scraper is copying loading for the description. Can I make the scraper wait for page to load than scrape.

Hope my question makes since,

Thanks

Lexxie

webmaster
Site Admin

Re: How to time it

Post by webmaster » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:17 am

Hi,

Helium Scraper will automatically wait for the page to complete loading except when the content loads dynamically. I assume this is your case. In this case you can use the Force Select premade project that you can import from New action -> Execute Actions Tree -> More... in the actions panel. As a kind you would just use one of the kinds you need to extract from the page.

Let me know if you need any further help.
Juan Soldi
The Helium Scraper Team

linksu2

Post by linksu2 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:38 pm

Hello,

I have tried this the force load like you suggested. I even set time out to 10000sec and it still is not fixing or getting the date.

here is a sample of how it is abstracting the data it says "Loading..." the data is being abstracted before the page completely loads.

Thanks for your help,

Lexxie

webmaster
Site Admin

Post by webmaster » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:25 pm

Hi,

You need to make sure the kind you are using is not there while loading and it is there when loaded. There might also be other ways to achieve this but I cannot tell without looking at the web page. If you wish send me a link and I'll see what can be done.

Another simple solution would be to use a Wait action. Just make sure the wait time is enough for the content to load.
Juan Soldi
The Helium Scraper Team