Navigate URLs action not Working... [resolved]

Let us know if anything goes wrong with our baby :)
preichow

Navigate URLs action not Working... [resolved]

Post by preichow » Tue May 28, 2013 4:43 am

Hello,
I'm trying out the Demo version, and I love this software, but I can't get the Navigate URLs action to work. Am I doing something wrong?

I have a simple list of URLs that I want to visit and extract data from. For my simple experiment, I created a "Table2" with a field called URL and I entered "www.google.com, www.yahoo.com, www.ask.com, www.bing.com" as data.

Next, in the Actions panel, I added a action with Navigate URLs, and selected Table2 as the data source, and told it to look in the column URL for the data.

When I ran the program, it failed to go to any of the URLs in the table. Instead, it remained on the same page. It's almost like it failed to read the URLs in the table. I checked the Log file, and there were no errors...it's like it ignored the table. I tried changing the format of the URL field from text to memo and that didn't fix it.

I noticed one other thing that might be a key to this problem: when I saved the project and closed and reopened it, I noticed that Helium failed to save the contents of Table2. When I reopened the program, Table2 was empty. I then had to repopulate the table. I tried this many more times and each time saw that Table2 was not saved.

I believe that the Nagivate URLs command is failing because it can't see Table2, or it can't see the data in there. And since Helium can't see it, the data is lost when the project is closed. That's my theory of what's going on here.

Has anybody else had this problem? Any suggestions how to solve it? (By the way, I installed Helium on another computer and got the same result).

My setup:
Dell Vostro Laptop w/ Windows 7.
[img]NavigateURLs.png[/img]

In the screenshot below, you can see the log file. Notice that none of the URL's from the table were accessed, and there were no errors.
[img]screen.png[/img]
Attachments
screen.png
screen.png (78.81 KiB) Viewed 9459 times
NavigateURLs.png
Screenshot showing Navigate URLs not working
NavigateURLs.png (63.22 KiB) Viewed 9459 times
Last edited by preichow on Tue May 28, 2013 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

preichow

Re: Navigate URLs action not Working...

Post by preichow » Tue May 28, 2013 5:02 am

PROBLEM SOLVED.

Helium does NOT automatically save the information in your tables: you have to MANUALLY hit the Save button (careful to get the right one, which is right above the table). Not only that, but you MUST hit the save button for the data in the table to be accessible by the program.

There is a little icon of a tiny disk right above the table. That is the "Save Changes" button. That is the correct one to save the table.

When I saved the table, I got a popup message saying that changes were saved.
After I saved the table, my Navigate URLs command worked perfectly.

Hopefully this will save somebody else from having the same trouble i did.