Scraper Running Out of Resources

Questions and answers about anything related to Helium Scraper
rocktime

Scraper Running Out of Resources

Post by rocktime » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:14 am

Hi, Juan,

My Scrapers started running out of resources -- they worked fine for a few months and all of a sudden started giving me error "Running out of Resourcesand suggesting to use "Start Processes". See the picture of the error message attached. The strange thing about it is that in the last few months the exact same files were completing the jobs and now they "run out of resources" not even 1/3 of the way through. Any suggestions? What might have changed? and is there a tutorial on how to implement "Start Processes" function?

Thank you,
Otherwise, happy customer :)

PS: Juan, I browsed through the forum and found an article you wrote on "running out of resources" (here http://www.heliumscraper.com/forum/view ... 1107#p1107) -- but unfortunately neither the forum post not the tutorial in Helium provide sufficient step-by-step tutorial on how to use Start Processes function - for example, this function cannot have a Child Node, which is confusing as then I am not sure what exactly it does and how it activates extraction "Processes" (and which ones)? The tutorial also suggests to use "this action ...in conjunction with the Connect to Database File feature in the database panel" -- a feature that, if clicked on, opens up an interface requiring to link to some MS Access database. I am not sure how this Start Processes feature works, how it would kick off Extraction actions and whether or not I need to have some sort of MS Access database for extracting into (or extracting something from?) or can use Excel, CSV or other types of files for this? I'd appreciate your help and a more detailed, ideally, step by step, explanation on how to create an scraper that does not die due to "Resources". thank you.
Attachments
Picture1.png
Running Out of Resources - error message
Picture1.png (68.76 KiB) Viewed 7043 times

webmaster
Site Admin

Re: Scraper Running Out of Resources

Post by webmaster » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:34 am

I've updated the Helium Scraper is running out of resources! section with more accurate information and added a video on how to do a multi-process extraction in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=531

As is mentioned there, make sure you’re running the latest version of Helium Scraper and, if possible, update your Internet Explorer version to 10 before trying the multi-process solution.
Juan Soldi
The Helium Scraper Team

rocktime

Re: Scraper Running Out of Resources

Post by rocktime » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:38 pm

Juan,

THANK YOU SO MUCH -- you rock! This video is great, I look fwd to trying to implement this new possibility now and the video will be of huge help!

If possible, please consider posting similar videos on other possibilities of Helium in the future -- it seems like this tool can fly to the Moon, but the tutorial is only enough to teach how to take it off the ground 5 feet... :)

thank you again, I appreciate your superb customer service!