New to HS - Trying & Failing

Questions and answers about anything related to Helium Scraper
rocktime

New to HS - Trying & Failing

Post by rocktime » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:19 pm

Hi, Juan,

I am a brand new user (non-techie) :), testing the software. I tried to repeat the Steps in the tutorial video (RentSavers) - managed to get the pages "running" but the database had only 1 line item, then tried to extract data from one of the Retailers (my primary objective - to get the Product and Pricing data) -- I can create Kinds, but every time I run Actions, the database is empty. I see that the software is very flexible and I sense it can do what I need, but cannot figure out how to do it. What would you advise? How can I figure out why it does not collect the data, even in the case of RentSavers (above)?

Any help would be highly appreciated...

thank you,
Rocktime

webmaster
Site Admin

Re: New to HS - Trying & Failing

Post by webmaster » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:50 am

Did you refresh the table? Also, make sure you add a requirement to your Extract action so that the execution pauses if the item you need is not found. You might also want to add requirements to your Navigate or Navigate Each actions. If none of these works, feel free to attach your project and I'll take a look at it.
Juan Soldi
The Helium Scraper Team

rocktime

Re: New to HS - Trying & Failing

Post by rocktime » Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:13 am

Thanks, Juan, I definitely refreshed the table, but did not add the pause requirements. I will try to figure out how to do this, and will let you know if it still won't work. The project is actually quite simple -- I go to one of the sub-categories of online retailers (tried Target.com and Gymboree.com) and try to extrct as a detailed information about each product as I can (to try out the sofware I started with basic name, description, reg price, sale price, did not even try to download images -- have not yet figured why the agent is running, but does not extract data into the Table). Will try again tonight, and will let you know.

thank you for being so responsive!
Rocktime