Having problems scraping ebay

Questions and answers about anything related to Helium Scraper
OWAdan

Having problems scraping ebay

Post by OWAdan » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:42 pm

I have to say I really like this scraper, but I can't get it working for me at the moment. It's really easy to use and works fast, where some other much more expensive scrapers I was using were much slower. So I really like this one and want to buy it, but I don't want to before I know for sure I can do what I need to do with it beforehand, which is scrape an ebay sellers product info such as price, mpn, upc, description, title, etc. What I am trying to do is just that, using the steps explained in the basic helium scraper tutorial on youtube (this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUuSQAw9UcA&t=184s), but what keeps happening is I will have random cells of data that don't appear. And I will run the project over and over without changing anything, verifying which cells appear and which don't via table 1, table 2, table 3 etc, and they always appear to be random. I have went back and verified that each cell was showing in my Kind group as well, so I don't know what the problem is. I have researched this issue via the forums, and found a thread ( this one: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=297) which stated a similar problem on ebay, due to something called ajax, and how using force select or wait would fix the problem. However, I have tried using both, but still have had no success fixing this problem. I am brand new to using scraping software in general however, and new to helium, so I am sure this is just a case of user error. Can anyone help me sort this out?

Daniel