Next button

Questions and answers about anything related to Helium Scraper
Darrylglenn

Next button

Post by Darrylglenn » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:01 pm

Hello,

First of all.. great software! :)
I just can't figure out the following:

I have an overview page with links to companies of a city, when you click a link you wil go to the details of that company.
On that page I will select kinds and extract it .. no problem's..
But on the overview page of a city there is a "next" button and there are many city overview pages, every city overview page has different numbers of pages so I cant set a "repeat" on 2 or something.
How can I get to every page of a city and extract the company details?

I made a quick sample website to show the above:

Code: Select all

http://www.darrylglenn.nl/helium
Hope you understand.. :roll:

Thanks in advance!

webmaster
Site Admin

Re: Next button

Post by webmaster » Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:22 am

Hi,

This is what you need. Is a premade project you can use as you would use a "Repeat" action but it will navigate through the "Next" button until the last (or given max) page.

What you could do is have a "Navigate Each" action that will navigate inside of each city and inside this action, have the action I posted above that will navigate through all pages, and then inside this action have your "Extract" action.

Here is a full list of premade projects.

Hope that helps.
Juan Soldi
The Helium Scraper Team

Darrylglenn

Post by Darrylglenn » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:21 am

Thanks for your reply, support is great!
I have it now like:
2.jpg
2.jpg (25.53 KiB) Viewed 10134 times
Where "plaatslink" is citylink and "links" are the links to companies.
I'm getting the error "This Actions Tree is not being called by any other Actions Tree."

What am I doing wrong? :oops:

webmaster
Site Admin

Post by webmaster » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:19 am

Oops.

I should have probably make this clear before since you're new here and most likely didn't know about it. The Go Through All Pages premade project (as well as most premade projects here) requires you to invoke it from an action called Execute Actions Tree, which executes another actions tree. You don't really need to touch the "Go Through All Pages" actions tree at all. Actually I would delete your "Go Through All Pages" and import (from File -> Import) a new one.

If you look at the "Go Through All Pages" actions tree, there is an action called "Execute Caller's Children". This action will call the child nodes of the "Execute Actions Tree" that is invoking the "Go Through All Pages" actions tree. This is how your project would look like:
sample.jpg
sample.jpg (10.4 KiB) Viewed 10133 times
You'll also need to create a kind that select's the "Next" button. You will be asked to provide this kind when creating a "Execute Actions Tree" that invokes "Go Through All Pages".

Hope this makes sense. Don't hesitate to ask me if you need any more help.
Juan Soldi
The Helium Scraper Team

Darrylglenn

Post by Darrylglenn » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:44 pm

Ah great! now I understand :D
works like a charm