And the next question

Questions and answers about anything related to Helium Scraper
Katedsimmons

And the next question

Post by Katedsimmons » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:33 am

Sorry to be such a pest. How do I go to the next page when there is no next button. Meaning the pages are listed 1 2 3 4 5 ext and no next button. I am sure this has been answered but I cant find it :( .
THANK YOU!

webmaster
Site Admin

Re: And the next question

Post by webmaster » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:00 am

No worries. This question have actually never been asked before, and I was wondering if there exist any website that doesn't provide a Next button or at least a little ">" arrow to turn the page. Is it possible for you to send me a link so I can check it out? Also, do they show all the page numbers on the list, or more page numbers appear as you turn the pages? If all the page numbers are available, a Navigate each action will do.

Let me know and, if necessary, I'll definitely create and upload a premade project for cases like this.
Juan Soldi
The Helium Scraper Team

Katedsimmons

Post by Katedsimmons » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:44 am

Please find the website below. This is the same website I asked the question about before. It is just a list not button or symbol.
THANK YOU!!!!

http://www1.plasticsurgery.org/find_a_s ... x?state=CA

webmaster
Site Admin

Post by webmaster » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:24 am

Hi Katie,

Import the attached project into your current project, and then create a kind that selects the link to the page that comes after the current page. So is you are, for instance, at page 1, select the link that takes you to page 2, and create a kind called "Next" with it. Then navigate to page 2, select the link that takes you to page 3 and add it to your "Next" kind.

After this, when you navigate to any other page, this kind will select the link to the next page and you can use it as you would use a "Next" button. It will even work with the Go through all pages premade project.

I'll be posting this project to the premades section and provide a bit more detailed information.
Attachments
PageNumberProperties.hsp
(290.38 KiB) Downloaded 253 times
Juan Soldi
The Helium Scraper Team

Katedsimmons

Post by Katedsimmons » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:35 am

THANK YOU!!!!! :D

Katedsimmons

Post by Katedsimmons » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:54 am

Okay can not get it to work.... it is not going to the next page... sorry I am so new to this and I know I am being a pest. Any suggestions?
Katie

webmaster
Site Admin

Post by webmaster » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:41 am

This page uses AJAX so you need to use "Simulate click" on your Navigate action and add a "Wait" action underneath of 1 to 2 seconds to wait for the dynamic content to load (I'd use 2 seconds to start with). I'm not sure if it is this or your "Next" kind which is giving you troubles. Remember that you can test your kind by clicking on the "Select kind in browser" button. Make sure it always selects the link to the next page.

Anyway, I created a "Next" kind on the attached project that selects the next page on the site you are scraping. There is also a sample actions tree called "Go Next" that will navigate to the next page every time you press play.

I went ahead and imported the "Go Through All Pages" project and created the "Go Through All Pages Test" actions tree so you can see how it would be used. In the "Go Through All Pages Test" actions tree there is an action called "Execute tree: Go Through All Pages" that if you double click, you can set the maximum amount of pages as well as some other options. If you would use this actions tree to extract, you would place your "Extract" action right underneath the "Wait" action.

Hope that helps.
Attachments
PageNumberProperties (2).hsp
(309.96 KiB) Downloaded 228 times
Juan Soldi
The Helium Scraper Team