How do I?

Questions and answers about anything related to Helium Scraper
Katedsimmons

How do I?

Post by Katedsimmons » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:52 pm

I am not sure what command to use. I am scraping a website and need to extract the email address as well as addresses and names. The email addresses are a clickable link that opens your email to send, or if you right click you can just copy the email address. Please see link for details. http://www1.plasticsurgery.org/find_a_s ... age#result. Thank you!!!!

webmaster
Site Admin

Re: How do I?

Post by webmaster » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:16 am

Hi,

Since what you require here is something others might need as well, I've created a couple of premade projects so that everyone can benefit from them.

The first one will extract the email address from the email link. All you need to do is create a kind that selects the email links and, when extracting, change the property being extracted from InnerText to JS_Mailto.

The second one will let you extract phone and addresses separately (since if you try to select any of these, the whole text will be selected). There are instructions on how to use it in the post as well as in the project itself. For your particular case, if you want to extract addresses and phones, you will need to create another JavaScript gatherer and copy and paste the code from the gatherer included in the project (if you see the post and you'll know what I mean).

Remember that you can import these projects into your current project from the File -> Import menu item.

Let me know if you have any problem setting them up.
Juan Soldi
The Helium Scraper Team

Katedsimmons

Re: How do I?

Post by Katedsimmons » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:23 am

Thank you!!!!! It works perfect! :D