Select kind in Browser works, but not extracting

Questions and answers about anything related to Helium Scraper
gibbon666

Select kind in Browser works, but not extracting

Post by gibbon666 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:37 am

I have set up a kind, and when I choose select kind in browser it selects the part I need, but when I run the extract it selects this element on some pages but not others, even though when I manually go to each of those pages and choose select kind in browser it selects the correct part every time.

I read the FAQ which says...

"If instead, the element gets properly selected, this element is most likely loading dynamically, which means it wasn't there when the page first completed loading. An easy fix is to add a Wait action just above the action that caused the error. But the recommended way to do this is to use a Force Select premade at File -> Online Premades (there is more info in the project's description), because this action will wait just as long as it takes for the given kind to appear on the page."

So I tried adding a very long wait time (just to see if this was the issue) and the results were the same. I also tried the force premade, but that just resulted in it not selecting any data for that kind during the extract from any of the pages (instead of around a 50% hit rate).

Any ideas?

gibbon666

Re: Select kind in Browser works, but not extracting

Post by gibbon666 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:50 pm

Unfortunately not. I added the similar elements to the kind from the pages that weren't extracting, but they still didn't extract.

yeti

Re: Select kind in Browser works, but not extracting

Post by yeti » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:22 am

Try setting the requirement to 'at least' 1 in the extraction settings. I have noticed occasionally it will not extract certain elements if this is not set, even though they highlight perfectly fine when done manually.