How to login to pages

Questions & Answers about Helium Scraper 3
bipenett

How to login to pages

Post by bipenett » Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:39 am

Hey, buddies. How do I do to make the scraper to log me in to the website that I need to scrap? Is there a way to give scraper my credentials in order to let it log me in automatically? I also would need the scraper to log me OUT after few minutes.

webmaster
Site Admin

Re: How to login to pages

Post by webmaster » Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:14 pm

You can use this premade to login. That works on most sites since it detects the login form like a password manager, but if that fails then it's just a matter of filling up the form like you'd fill up any other form. See here for an example on how to fill up a form.

As for logging out, not sure if you'd want to logout while running the extraction so you should probably use actions to press the logout button after the extraction has finished?
Juan Soldi
The Helium Scraper Team

bipenett

Post by bipenett » Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:53 am

Hello, Juan. Thanks a lot for your fast reply!

I followed the instruction from the link that you sent but it is not clear for me how do I inform the scraper MY credentials to the website. I'm assuming that I should type my username in the "Browser.EnterText" tag, and me password I should write in the "Browser.SubmitText" tag, is that right? If so, whenever I try to edit "Browser.SubmitText" in order to put my password, I get the following error message "Undeclared variable 'mypassoword' In Login".

About the log OUT, I need I way to log out while scraping because I could get banned from the platform that I wish to scrap if I stay logged in for more the X minutes, that's why I need to auto log out.

webmaster
Site Admin

Post by webmaster » Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:32 pm

Here's how to use the login premade. If that doesn't work, this is how to use the fill form wizard to login.
Juan Soldi
The Helium Scraper Team