How to create xml files for import into websites?

Questions and answers about anything related to Helium Scraper
chillmen

How to create xml files for import into websites?

Post by chillmen » Mon May 09, 2011 8:29 am

Hi,
How to transform the .csv exported file from helium scraper, into a functional ready to import xml file into a website?

Thanks

webmaster
Site Admin

Re: How to create xml files for import into websites?

Post by webmaster » Mon May 09, 2011 6:08 pm

Helium Scraper doesn't provide that functionality. However, I just found this free online tool that does just that. Note that you need to paste not the data straight from the editor (Excel or Helium Scraper's data table editor) but the text of the CSV file, so you need to save your data as a CSV file, then open it with Notepad and paste the text from there.

Let me know if that fit your needs.
Juan Soldi
The Helium Scraper Team

chillmen

Re: How to create xml files for import into websites?

Post by chillmen » Tue May 10, 2011 10:42 am

Hi Juan,
thanks for the link
I try to export data essentially to joomla and wordpress websites-for joomla into Zoo Component and for wordpress into classipress theme.
It's not working but it's my fault i don't understand basics of csv and xml, i will go back to school :-) and try to learn more about all this stuff, i think it will be much easier after that.
By the way, the Helium scraper software was really easy to learn, now i can import many stuff from many websites, i tried many websites (yellow pages, lyrics, classified ads...) i really recommend it to everyone.
Continue the Good Work.
Thanks.